Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Overwhelmed or Loopy?

I've been accused of not putting any photo's of myself on this blog (there are reason's for this!)....so here you go - I thought that this picture best describes the mood I'm in! For a couple of months I have been planning our ward's Christmas Party, which will be held on Saturday! I'm not even on the Activities Committee, but sitting in a ward council meeting in October, the Bishop felt strongly about doing a party "Back to Bethlehem" that I "was" in charge of about four years ago. I was flattered that my work for that party was even remembered. But since our ward currently does not have an Activities Committee, the Bishop said, "I feel so strongly that we should do this party, that I am willing to do it myself." I couldn't just sit there and say nothing! I had to speak up, despite remembering that it was one of the more difficult parties I had pulled off. "I still have all the information in my computer, Bishop," I said. "Would you like me to be in charge of it!" So I am the food committee, I wrote an entirely new script, I'm the music committee (and found some of the most beautiful Christmas songs that several people have been working on), I'm the set-up committee, costume committee, director, and clean-up committee chairman. Needless to say, if this party fails, it's all on my shoulders!!! eeeeek! So just today, I have had several "key" people call to back out (all for very good reasons), so now what to do??? (A) I could cry, or (B) I could laugh! I chose "B". In fact, I have been quite "giddy" tonight even though my stomach is in knots (my way of handling the stress, I guess!). Nicole said, "Okay, who are you, and what did you do with my mom?" Of course that brought more giggles!!! After a brief rehearsal tonight, I will either turn the corners of my mouth upward and sigh, or, I might just head for the Kirby Heyborne concert in Utah this weekend! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home