Saturday, December 02, 2006

What I've Been Doing Since Thanksgiving

Besides all the decorating (yes, I even decorated all the bathrooms!), I have been busy with two events. The first event takes place tomorrow in Relief Society. Our President, and other counselor are out of town, and it being a Fast Sunday, and as I'm second counselor, I conduct and teach! So I did what I love, and created a musical program and script! It is a condensed version of the script and program I've written for next week's Ward Party (another story!). We have such talented people. Some of you wanted the poem that I wrote that goes with our program, so here it is (the first half belongs in the beginning of the program and the second half of the poem is at the end of the program: If I had lived in Bethlehem a long, long time ago
At the time of our Saviors birth, I wonder if I would know
The babe born in a manger so helpless, tiny, and small
I wonder if I would recognize the marvel of it all
A decree to pay a tax, brought Mary and Joseph there,
To the town of Bethlehem and to a humble stable where
Men traveled far from the east, and shepherds knelt at his feet
Seeking to honor the babe so humble, so lowly, and so sweet
If I had lived in Bethlehem when the star shone so bright
I know I would have worshipped with, all those who were there that night. If I could have seen that glorious night,
and witnessed that evenings star gleam bright,
If I only knew then what I know now,
the question I’d ask everyone is how?
How could you have mistaken all the signs,
how could you not have read between the lines?
If I had been in Bethlehem that day,
I would have shouted a gleeful hooray.
Then knelt down beside the humble King,
and with all the angels I would sing,
Alleluia, alleluia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home